Not Sure How I Feel About That...

Well, ya gotta have respect for Food Network/Cooking Channel for taking some risks. They have some interesting programming that's now available on their channels. When Cooking Channel started, it was really exciting to see where they were going to take us. They had us in Florence with "David Rocco's Dolce Vita" (which I loved because I was in Florence in May of 2010 and it was awesome to see the nooks and crannies I explored again), exploring Caribbean and exotic flavors with Roger Mooking's "Everyday Exotic," and cuddling up in brisk England with wonderfully perfect Jamie Oliver's show "Jamie at Home" (lovelovelovelovelove).

Now...gosh I dunno. Bitchin Kitchen? I'm just...I'm not sure how I feel about that.


I watched one episode, because I don't think it's fair to judge something before I've actually given it a shot. When she speaks it sounds like she's trying to talk around a brick that's shoved in her mouth. Ya know? I mean, it sounds like her mouth is full of something. Ha. I dunno. It's strange.

But...and I'm being honest here...strange and strangely captivating. I can't tell you if it's a train wreck type thing, ya know -- where you can't look away -- or, if it's because she's actually got a point.

I just, I don't know. Maybe when I figure it out I will blog again, but for now I'm gonna have to leave you hanging. If you've watched this show, I wanna know what you think. Good? Bad? Wanna see her publicly punched in the face? Or do you really like her and want her show to be bumped up to an earlier time (right now they show at like 9:30pm CT)?

She's brave, I guess. I mean, look at the hair and the makeup and the outfits and the SET...sheesh. If I wore any of that in the kitchen I would be a mess in five minutes. I gotta give her props there! Her set is eye insanity candy. Seriously.

Anyway, help me out. What do you think?


Thanks to youjustmademylist.com for the image!

Comments

  1. When I saw the commercials for this show I didn't want anything to do with it. It was over the top, gaudy, and weird for something for the cooking channel. So as it premiered I sat down with my family and watched it. As much as I wanted to hate this show I loved it. I cant get enough of it! It's funny, entertaining, and she makes good food! (most of the time) I think its something that the cooking channel needed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts