Interview with Iron Chef Michael Symon

Hey there food fans! Just wanted to quickly share something exciting with you.

I am currently a contributing food writer for Starpulse.com. I love writing for this website because they really let me be who I am and write the way I want. And the very best part about it is that I get to write about my favorite thing in the world: food.

My editor contacted me last week and asked if I'd be willing to view a screener (first episode) of Michael Symon's new show "Cook Like an Iron Chef" and do an interview with him on the subject. Of course, the answer was an obvious YES. Initially, it was scheduled to be an e-mail interview, but as the days went on and I didn't receive an e-mail, it became apparent that Michael was super busy. Which, let's face it, how could he not be? So, I was getting discouraged, thinking maybe it was going to get canceled.


I received an e-mail earlier this week from his contact about setting up a time to do a phone interview instead. Again, obviously, yes! So, this morning, about 8:30 CT, I spoke with Michael Symon, on my house phone, and recorded the interview to transcribe onto Starpulse.com.

Let me just say, I definitely had reservations about the show. The screener was a little strange. He had two helpers in the show with their backs to the camera mostly. I realize they aren't supposed to be the focus, but it was weird seeing mostly their backs. But Mike has a great sense of humor and was a total everyman on the phone. The phone rang and I literally jumped out of my chair because I knew it was him, but when I answered and got to talking with him, it was really very chill and we were just having a chat. It was awesome.


So, here's a link to the story. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed talking with him. It was definitely an experience I will never forget. Now to find a way to get this interview off my recorder and onto my computer...



Enjoy!

Also, just so you can see how big of a total nerd I am, I wanted to post this picture of my dry erase board in my room. I write little notes to myself so I can sort of coach myself through big things that I have to do. This is what I wrote for my interview today:




You can also see in this photo future Starpulse topics I'll be writing on, so look for those in weeks to come! Thanks everyone! I hope you can have a laugh at my expense! =)


(photo courtest of blog.cleveland.com)

Comments

Popular Posts